Welcome to the Office of Real Property Utilization and Disposal’s Environmental Information resource center. This site is an excellent resource for Federal agencies to learn about the environmental requirements associated with the acceptance and disposal of Federal real property.
The General Services Administration’s (GSA) Environmental Framework for Real Property Disposal provides an easy-to-use framework for explaining compliance with environmental laws, regulations, and executive orders applicable to the acceptance and disposal of Federal real property.
Landholding agencies are encouraged to use this handbook as a tool for completing the Excess Real Property Checklist, the necessary due diligence supplement to the Standard Form 118, Report of Excess Real Property.
For more information about topics covered in the Environmental Framework, please visit the following links to see GSA Fact Sheets and the text of applicable laws and regulations.
Please contact the GSA property disposal staff for questions and additional information.
- GSA CERCLA 120 (h) Fact Sheet for Real Property Disposal (Dec 2006) (pdf)
- GSA Early Transfer Authority Fact Sheet For Real Property Disposal (Mar 2007) (pdf)
- CERCLA of 1980, as amended (42 U.S.C. § 9601 et seq.)
- GSA National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) Fact Sheet for Real Property Disposal (Dec 2009) (pdf)
- The National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, as amended (16 U.S.C. 470 et seq)
- GSA LBP Fact Sheet for Real Property Disposal (Apr 2007) (pdf)
- EPA Lead in Paint, Dust and Soil
- EPA Lead Paint Brochure (pdf)
- GSA RCRA Fact Sheet for Real Property Disposal (Apr 2007) (pdf)
- RCRA, amendment to the Solid the Waste Disposal Act (SWDA) (42 U.S.C. § 6901 et seq)